Round 4 Rider Information
Welcome Everybody!! Thank you for entering Round 4 of the Mondraker Grassroots Enduro series powered by Biking Dirty and hosted by the Killarney Cycling Club and Shronaboy Farm, Killarney, Co.Kerry on Sunday the 1st of September.
There will be food and drinks available on site as well as a family-run BBQ. Bring your family and your friends to cheer you on!
There will be camping allowed on site from 5pm on Saturday evening. Strictly no camp fires allowed.
Directions to the venue:
Directions for the venue are here via Google Maps:
Please follow the signs to the race arena
Directions from Cork – Head towards killarney on the N22 once you pass Glenflesk about a 150m down the road you will see a sign advertising “the Shire” and a sign post for Lough Guitane L3015 take that exit and continue up the road until you see the Shronaboy Sign.
Directions from Limerick – Coming out of Killarney head out the Cork Rd N22 just after passing the Kerry Way you will see sign post for Lough Guitane L3015 take that exit and continue up the road until you see the Shronaboy Sign.
- Sunday 1st September
- Registration 08.30 – 11.30
- Stages open from 10.00 – 15.00
- The race finishes at 15.00. All timing tags must be returned to Race HQ by then.
- Awards Ceremony 15.30
Racing and Results
- We will be using a different timing System for this event – Transponder on your wrist as normal but the rider will not have to tag in or out.. They can just ride through the start line and finish line. Please Remember to return your tag at the finish!
- There are 3 timed stages.
- Competitors are not timed on transition sections.
- Each stage is approximately 80% downhill, 20% flat or uphill.
- Warning: One or just sections of each course are a little steep…So be careful – everything will be sign posted – all features are rollable – Not many features such as big jumps or drops, so don’t worry 😀
- We recommend using your first stage attempt as a reconnaissance effort (i.e. take it easy), which could allow you to obtain a better time on your second attempt.
- Stages are open from 10 am to 3 pm and can be ridden as many times as you want in any order you want.
- During busy stage starts, competitors will be set off at 30-second intervals. If there is no queue you can take as much time as needed. Please listen to the marshals at the start gates!
- Full results will be available on this website and the Grassroots Enduro series Facebook page soon after the event.
Safety and Mandatory Kit List
- You are considered a travelling marshal, so please do your best to assist an injured competitor.
- You must wear a helmet (open XC type OR full face DH type) at all times, including transition sections.
- Gloves, knee and elbow protection are recommended but not compulsory.
- You must bring all mandatory equipment with you throughout the race.
- Pre-race, during and post races checks will be undertaken.
- Time penalties will be imposed for missing mandatory kit so please ensure you comply in the interest of safety and fairness.
- Please Pack the correct riding gear – Open mountain so there is no cover from the elements, its advised to have a rain jacket close by or warm gear!
Mandatory Kit List
- Mobile phone
- Basic first aid kit (Minimum: 1 x Dressing Pad for heavy bleeding (field dressing); bandage, plasters) and survival bag or foil blanket
- Energy food and drink
- Wind/ Waterproof Top (weather permitting )
- Bike repair kit (tube, pump or CO2 canisters, Allen keys, chain tool)