Round 3 Details & Directions
Last Checklist & Information For Riders
- Competitor Parking will be sign posted and is 500m from race HQ. We recommend you bring all race items with you to sign-on at race HQ (see directions and map). There is strictly no parking on the roadside or at the forestry entrance.
- Make a note of your Rider Number, to speed up sign on.
- €10 deposit for Timing Tag (wear tag on right hand)
- Bring your CI Licence (physical, paper or electronic copy). We need to see it at race sign on to prove its yours and its valid for race day. If you can’t produce it, you will have to purchase a full 1 day CI Licence (€20)
- Bring your minimum mandatory equipment with you at all times out on the course (see list below)
- Note the overall Race times (see below)
- There are no other time limits. None on transition, stages, lunch, etc.
- All obstacles are rollable. There are no gaps, large jumps or tabletops as it’s a blind format race.
- A mandatory practice ban comes into place on Sunday 2nd April at 6am. No competitors may ride any part of the course after this.
- Toilets are available at the Race car park. No toilets are available at Race HQ.
- Food and drink. A limited quantity of water, bananas and biscuits will be available at Race HQ. There are no taps at Race HQ. The water in the public toilets is drinkable. Hot and cold food will be available to purchase from the Gourmet Grill at race HQ from 10am onwards (including breakfast).
- Helmet. XC or Full Face. Must be on your head with strap closed when cycling on your bike.
- Mobile phone .
- Basic first aid kit (minimum: 1 x Dressing Pad for heavy bleeding, field dressing, bandage, plasters).
- Survival bag or foil blanket.
- Energy food and drink.
- Wind/ waterproof jacket.
- Bike repair kit (tube, pump or CO2 canisters, allen keys, chain tool).
10:00 Sign-On Opens
10:30 All Stages Open
11:30 Sign-On Closes
16:00 Start Poles removed from all Stages
16:15 Race closes. Last timing tag to be checked in.
16:30 Prize giving at Race HQ
Directions to Race Venue
Bree Hill, GPS Co-ordinates 52.442464, -6.635515
Entering North, From Dublin, Wicklow etc.
Drive to Enniscorthy onto the N30
Take the N30 through Enniscorthy heading for Waterford.
After leaving Enniscorthy there will be a turn to the left at Beachdale garden center (about 9km after Enniscorthy) onto R730
Take this turn onto R730.
Follow this road for until you come to a crossroads with a stone wall and grotto on the right hand side, take the left turn at this cross roads.
The venue is about 1km up this road on the right, with parking and camping just past it on the left.
Entering South, From Waterford, Cork, etc.
Take the N30 from Waterford to Enniscorthy.
After going through the village of Clonroche take the exit to the right at Beachdale garden center onto R730.
Same directions from this point onwards as coming from the north.
There will be signs up for directions from the N30 to Bree hill.
Parking & Camping
The main race village will be just inside the entrance to the forestry. Parking & Camping will be 500 meters down the road, past the race village, in a field. All parking will be sign posted.
There is strictly no parking on the roadside or at the forestry entrance.